Music Placement Examinations
- All new and transfer music majors, including graduate students and former students returning, must report to the School of Music and Dance for applied placement auditions, advising and examinations. Music majors must take an applied area performance audition and a major ensemble audition before completing registration.
- All new freshmen and transfer music majors are required to take a Music Systems (theory) placement examination. The schedule of examinations is listed below. Failure to take the exams at the scheduled times will result in automatic placement into MUSC 009, Music Fundamentals.
- Orientation and advising required of all new and returning music majors who were not enrolled in Spring 2007 will be held on Tuesday, August 21, 2007, at 1300-1600 in Music Room 250. Additionally, music majors are encouraged to see an advisor at least once a year. New students should visit the music website for initial advising information.
- Undergraduate students should consult with the undergraduate advisor, Joseph Frank, Music 247. Graduate students should consult with the graduate coordinator, Diana Hollinger, Music 103, for program approval after completing the entrance audition and examinations and prior to registration.
- Music majors and minors must pay a music equipment use fee of $30.00 directly to the Bursar’s Office and bring a receipt to the Music Office before completing university registration. Students planning to enroll in applied music must pay an applied studio fee of $125.00. Applied instruction will not be authorized until these fees are paid. Music 10B students and ensemble members other than majors and minors must pay a fee of $22.00.
Graduate Systems/History Entrance Examinations
Required of all entering graduate candidates. See the graduate advisor, Diana Hollinger, Music 103.